Migrating Shells to Python 3
In this article, we’ll explain the general process for upgrading a Python 2-based shell to Python 3.
Note: Quali is currently working on updating all Quali-certified Python 2 shells to Python 3, so if you need a Python 3 version of a Quali-certified shell, please contact your Quali Customer Success representative.
1) Open the shelldefinition.yaml file and promote the shell version. For example:
3) Open the drivermetadata.xml file and add the PythonVersion=”3” tag:
4) In the requirements.txt file:
b. Update the rest of the CloudShell packages to the latest versions.
5) In every .py file in the project:
a. Update the code syntax to Python 3 format.
b. Update the import of
cloudshell-logging (no need to update the code).
5) Make sure all non-CloudShell packages support Python 3.
6) Pack and install the shell on CloudShell.